Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

They Didn't Follow Through...

So, a few of my artists who said they would donate artwork didn't follow through with their donations.  The weird part is that I don't mind that much.  If I was still scrambling to find artwork, then I think I'd be more disappointed.  But, as James predicted, people have actually been pretty generous in what they've given.  For example, a painting I acquired yesterday retails for $800.00.  It's a good painting too!

In fact, the details are coming together.  I still have a bunch of things to print out, such as the bidding sheets.  I still have to prepare some of the artwork for hanging.  I could use a bit more help with people donating food for the auction and a few people to help with tear down.  I'm also a bit concerned about getting the internet at The Hub to support our credit card swiper.  Otherwise, I think I've done everything I can possibly do to advertise for our event.  At this point, about 75 people have RSVP'd yes.  That's not the 200 I was aiming for, but you never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment