Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Candice Russell of the Hollywood Auditions of Season 11 of American Idol

So, one exciting thing happened this week.  I got a musician to perform at the auction.  Her name's Candice Russell, and she made it to the Hollywood auditions of Season 11 of American Idol.  Admittedly, I never saw her on TV.  However, I've recently seen her sing on YouTube, and she's very good!  You can listen to her at candicerussell.com. 

She reminds me of Clay Aiken, in that I watched his American Idol audition and thought, "there's your winner."  He got second place and now has a career in music.  Now, she looks nothing like Clay Aiken, but she's another one of those performers where you think, "Wow, this person's got 'it'."  So, we'll see where her career goes.  I'm just glad to have someone truly talented performing.

I got in touch with her in the first place because her dad knows Jeremy, the president of Rescue:Freedom.  That guy knows everyone!

Candice's album releases soon, and she's still learning the guitar version of all of her songs.  So, during the auction, we'll play her CD in the background.  Right before we give our "ask", she'll sing one of her songs live (to a recorded track).  It's perfect because the song is actually about trafficking. 

Also, one thing I'm thankful for that I didn't think too much about beforehand is the tone her music will set.  It's perfect for what we're doing!  Her music's catchy and upbeat, and she's pitch perfect.  I think playing her music in the background is also good because we'll be able to hear each other over the music when we're just talking to friends at the auction.  I personally hate it when you go somewhere (unless it's a concert) and you can't hear because the music's so loud.

She's also willing to play for free.  She's getting some exposure, helping out for a cause she also cares about, and getting a chance to sell her CDs at our event ($10 each).  So, it's turning out to be a win-win for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment